Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Understanding the Costs of Living with Cancer
- Managing the Medical and Indirect Costs of Treatment
- Talking with Your Health Care Team about Your Financial Concerns
- Understanding the Benefits and Limitations of Your Health Coverage
- Tips on Appealing Medical Insurance Claims and Provider Denials
- Understanding and Accessing Financial and Co-Pay Assistance Programs
- Emotional and Social Impact of the Costs of Treatment and Follow-Up Care
- Finding Resources for Financial Help, including Federal, State, Local & Veteran Resources
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Your Financial Concerns
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments to Decrease Your Exposure to COVID-19
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Richard J. Gralla, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center
Leonard Saltz, MD
Medical Oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Julie Babayeva, Esq.
Coordinating Attorney, Cancer Advocacy Project, LegalHealth, NYLAG (New York Legal Assistance Group)
Senior Director of the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation
Lauren Chatalian, MSW
Women and Children’s Program Manager, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(68.7 KB)