Workshop Date and Time
Monday, June 22, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview and Definition of Diagnostic Technologies & Biomarkers, in the Context of COVID-19
- How Diagnostic Technologies & Biomarkers Shape & Improve Treatment Decisions
- Why the Molecular Portrait of Cancer is Important
- The Role of the Pathologist
- Benefits of Diagnostic Technologies, Biomarkers & Precision Medicine
- Predicting Response to Treatment
- Clinical Trials: How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines for Preparing for Telehealth Appointments with Your Health Care Team
- Quality-of-Life Concerns & The Role of Social Distancing in Decreasing Your Exposure to COVID-19
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Mark G. Kris, MD
William and Joy Ruane Chair in Thoracic Oncology, Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Al B. Benson, III, MD, FACP, FASCO
Professor of Medicine, Associate Director for Cooperative Groups, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University
Sarah E. Kerr, MD
Pathologist, Hospital Pathology Associates, P.A., Divisions of Cytopathology; Gynecologic and Perinatal Pathology; and Molecular Diagnostics Lead Pathologist for Next Generation Sequencing Development and Practice; Allina Health Laboratory (A Part of Abbott Northwestern Hospital), Minneapolis, MN
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(69.3 KB)