Workshop Date and Time
Monday, April 13, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Gastric Cancer, including Diagnosis & Staging
- Current Standard of Care, including Chemotherapy
- New Treatment Approaches & the Role of Targeted Treatment
- Precision Medicine: Predicting Response to Treatment
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- How Research Contributes to Treatment Options
- Controlling Symptoms, Side Effects & Pain
- The Importance of Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Geoffrey Ku, MD
Medical Oncologist, Head of Esophagogastric Section, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Mohamad Bassam Sonbol, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, Senior Associate Consultant, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Gastrointestinal Cancer Program, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(78.2 KB)