Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Coping with the Practical, Social & Emotional Challenges of Cancer
- How a Cancer Diagnosis Affects Family, Partners & Loved Ones
- Selecting a Cancer Care Team & Treatment Facility
- What to Do When Presented with Multiple Treatment Options
- When & How to Seek a Second Opinion
- Your Relationship with Your Health Care Team
- How to Get Copies of Your Medical Reports
- How to Anticipate, Prevent & Manage Side Effects of Treatment
- Understanding Your Treatment Choices and Follow-Up Care Plan
- Your Survivorship Care Plan
- Tips on Advocating with Your Health Care Team
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Guadalupe R. Palos, RN, MSW, DrPH
Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Georgie Cusack, MS, RN, AOCNS
Director of Education and Patient Safety, Office of the Clinical Director, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Adjunct Nurse Leader, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(91.2 KB)