Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 4:00 – 5:00 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
- Current Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Updates on Clinical Trials
- Managing Side Effects, Post Treatment Side Effects & Late Effects
- Adherence: Staying on Course with Your Treatment Plan
- The Importance of Treatment Summaries & Survivorship Care Plans
- Follow-Up with Your Oncologist & Primary Care Doctor
- Benefits of Communicating with Your Health Care Team, including Key Questions for Them
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael J. Mauro, MD
Leader, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Program, Member, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor, Weill Cornell Medicine
Neil P. Shah, MD, PhD
Edward S. Ageno Distinguished Professor in Hematology/Oncology, Director, UCSF Molecular Medicine Residency Program, Leader, Hematopoietic Malignancies Program, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(81.6 KB)