Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- The Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Caring for the Person with Lung Cancer
- Helping to Manage Your Loved One’s Treatment
- Discussing Shared Expectations
- The Role of Caregivers in Adherence
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners and Traditions
- Coping with the Stresses of Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
W. Victoria Lai, MD
Assistant Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Georgie Cusack, MS, RN, AOCNS
Director of Education and Patient Safety, Office of the Clinical Director, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Adjunct Nurse Leader, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health
Winfield Boerckel, MSW, MBA
Director of Social Service, Long Island Office, Lung Cancer Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(78.3 KB)