Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Coping with the Practical, Social & Emotional Challenges of Cancer
- How a Cancer Diagnosis Affects Family, Partners & Loved ones
- Selecting a Cancer Care Team & Treatment Facility
- What to do when Presented with Multiple Treatment Options
- When & How to Seek a Second Opinion
- Getting Copies of Your Medical Reports
- Anticipating, Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects
- Understanding Treatment Choices, Follow-Up Care Plan & Survivorship Care Plan
- Self-Care Tips
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Lidia Schapira, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Stanford School of Medicine, Director, Cancer Survivorship Program, Stanford Cancer Institute
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Educator, Research and Practice Development, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(90.8 KB)