Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Definition of a Caregiver
- Talking with Each Other about Shared Expectations
- What Research Tells Us About: Caregiving for an Older Adult & Caregiving for a Younger Adult
- The Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Care Coordination, Challenges & Tips
- Stresses on Family, Partners, Friends & Loved Ones
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners & Traditions
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Practical Tips for Managing Caregivers’ Stress
- Key Strategies for Self-Care
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Erin E. Kent, PhD
Scientific Advisor for the Outcomes Research Branch, Healthcare Delivery Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute
Guadalupe R. Palos, RN, MSW, DrPH
Clinical Research Manager, Division of Medical Affairs, Department of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Educator, Research and Practice Development, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Sarah Kelly, MSW
Social Work Internship Program Director, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(78.4 KB)