Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, December 13, 2018, 4:00 – 5:00 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Older Persons Living with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Managing CLL When You Have Other Health Problems
- Does Chronic Illness Affect CLL Treatment Options
- Current Standard of Care
- New & Emerging Treatment Approaches
- The Importance of Taking Your Treatment & Pills on Schedule
- Reducing Harmful Drug Interactions
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team About Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Creating the Best Treatment Plan for You
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhD
Director, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Center, Senior Physician, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Chaitra Ujjani, MD
Associate Professor, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, University of Washington, Division of Medical Oncology, CLL/Lymphoma Group
John Allan, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology & Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medicine
Co-Founder and Executive Director, CLL Society Inc.
Sarah Kelly, MSW
Clinical Supervisor, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(101 KB)