Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, November 29, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Key Questions to Ask & Re-Ask Your Health Care Team about Adherence
- The Critical Role of Caregivers in Adherence
- The Importance of Adherence: Taking Your Treatment on Schedule
- Discussion of Barriers to Taking Your Treatment & Pills on Schedule
- Tips to Overcome These Barriers
- Planning Ahead: Lead Time in Refilling Prescriptions, Weekends, Travel, Special Occasions & Holidays
- Practical Help from Family, Partners, Caregivers, and Others
- The Role of the Pharmacy & Pharmacist in Reminding You about Prescription Refills
- Suggestions for People Living with CLL & Their Caregivers to Cope with Taking Charge of Your Treatment Schedule
- Necessary Support for the Caregivers
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Lindsey E. Roeker, MD
Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellow, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Guadalupe R. Palos, RN, MSW, DrPH
Clinical Research Manager, Division of Medical Affairs, Department of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Educator, Research and Practice Development, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Co-Founder and Executive Director, CLL Society Inc.
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour. Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(101 KB)