Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) in Children
- Current Standard of Care, including Chemotherapy & New Treatment Approaches
- The Role of Clinical Trials in Childhood ALL
- Treatment of Recurrent ALL
- Targeted Treatment & Stem Cell Transplantation
- Managing Treatment Side Effects
- Follow-Up Exams
- Social & Emotional Issues During & After ALL Treatment
- Late & Long Term Effects of ALL Treatment in Children
- Key Questions to Ask The Doctor and Health Care Team in Making Treatment Decisions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
William L. Carroll, MD
Julie and Edward J. Minskoff Professor of Pediatrics, Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Department of Pediatrics, Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center at NYU Langone Health
Elizabeth A. Raetz, MD
Professor, Department of Pediatrics, NYU School of Medicine, Director, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Medical Director, Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, NYU Langone Health
Anna C. Muriel, MD
Chief, Division of Pediatric Psychosocial Oncology, Institute Physician, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(80.6 KB)