Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, January 9, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Ovarian Cancer, including Staging
- The Role of Surgery, Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy & Hormone Therapy
- Current Standard of Care, New Treatment Approaches & Follow-Up Care
- The Role of Precision Medicine in Informing Treatment Decisions
- The Role of the Pathologist
- Understanding the Landscape for Testing in Advanced Ovarian Cancer Treatment
- The Role of the Genetic Counselor
- The Important Role of Clinical Trials
- Talking with Your Treatment Team
- Managing Symptoms, Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Carolyn D. Runowicz, MD
Executive Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University
Andrea E. Wahner Hendrickson, MD
Assistant Professor of Oncology and Pharmacology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Sarah E. Kerr, MD
Consultant, Divisions of Anatomic Pathology and Laboratory Genetics and Genomics, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Assistant Professor, Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Director, Molecular Anatomic Pathology Laboratory and Co-Director, Genomics Laboratory, Mayo Clinic
Sarah Ewing, MS, CGC
Certified Genetic Counselor, Department of Clinical Genomics, Mayo Clinic
Victoria Puzo, MSW
Online Support Group Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(65.1 KB)