Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Tuesday, January 9, 2024, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Acute Lymphocytic/Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) in Children
- Current Standard of Care, Including Chemotherapy & New Treatment Approaches
- Treatment of Recurrent ALL
- Targeted Treatment & Stem Cell Transplantation
- The Role of Clinical Trials in Childhood ALL
- Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- Follow-Up Exams
- Social & Emotional Issues During & After ALL Treatment
- Late & Long-Term Effects of ALL Treatment in Children
- Key Questions to Ask the Doctor & Health Care Team in Making Treatment Decisions
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, Including Technology, Prepared List of Questions, Follow-Up Appointments & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions to Ask Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Anna C. Muriel, MD
Chief, Division of Pediatric Psychosocial Oncology, Institute Physician, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Gabriel A. Robbins, MD
Pediatric Hematologist-Oncologist, Medical Director, Stephen D. Hassenfeld Children’s Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Executive Director, Leukemia Research Foundation
Shannon Coon, MSW
Children’s Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop