Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Bladder Cancer, including Staging & Grading, in the Context of COVID-19, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Update on Clinical Trials
- The Role of Diagnostic Technologies, Genomics & Precision Medicine
- Targeted Treatments: Predicting Response to Treatment
- The Emerging Role of Immunotherapy
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Follow-Up Care Appointments & Plans
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Gary D. Steinberg, MD
Professor and Director, Perlmutter Cancer Center, An NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Goldstein Bladder Cancer Program, NYU Langone Health
Walter Stadler, MD
Fred C. Buffett Professor of Medicine, Dean for Clinical Research, Senior Advisor to the Director, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Chicago
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Stephanie Chisolm, PhD
Director of Education and Advocacy, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN)
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop