Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, November 2, 2022, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- The Treatment of Triple Negative Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Why Clinical Trials Are Important as a Treatment Option for Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- What Happens in a Clinical Trial
- Stages of Clinical Trials
- New Research in the Treatment of Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC)
- Investigational New Drugs in Clinical Trials
- The Meaning of Informed Consent
- Benefits & Risks of Participation
- How & Where Clinical Trials are Conducted
- How to Participate in Clinical Trials
- Specific Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Clinical Trials
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Accessing Resources for Clinical Trials
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Kamel Abou Hussein, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cooper Medical School, Rowan University, Adjunct Assistant Professor, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Breast Medical Oncology
Marcela Mazo Canola, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology – Oncology, Breast Medical Oncology, UT Health San Antonio Mays Cancer Center
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation®
Sam Fortune, MSW
Women’s Cancer Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop