Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Triple Negative Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- The Difference in Triple Negative Breast Cancer for Black/African American Women
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer &African American Women
- The Role of Surgery
- Precision Medicine & Treatment Sequencing
- Current Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Clinical Trial Participation Contributes to Treatment Options
- Tips to Manage Treatment Side Effects, Neuropathy, Discomfort & Pain
- Follow-Up Care Plan
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Follow-Up Appointments
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Kamel Abou Hussein, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cooper Medical School, Rowan University, Adjunct Assistant Professor, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Breast Medical Oncology
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation®
CEO, TOUCH, The Black Breast Cancer Alliance
Karen E. Jackson
Founder & CEO, Sisters Network® Inc. - A National African American Breast Cancer Survivorship Organization
Sam Fortune, MSW
Women’s Cancer Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop