Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Friday, December 15, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Young Adults Living with Cancer, including Delays in Diagnosis
- Where to Seek Cancer Treatment: Selecting Your Oncology Health Care Team, Including Young Adult Cancer Programs
- The Importance of Treatment Summaries
- Follow-Up with Your Oncologist & Primary Care Doctor
- Managing Post Treatment Side Effects/Late Effects
- Talking with the Health Care Team about Survivorship Questions & Concerns
- Financial Concerns, Including Health Insurance Coverage, School, College & Career
- Knowing Your Rights: ADA (Americans with Disability Act, FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) & Additional Legal Protections
- Choosing Who & What to Tell Others: Disclosure
- Working During Cancer Treatment: Suggestions from the Health Care Team
- Dealing with Physical Changes Due to Cancer or Its Treatment
- Coping with Concerns about Cancer Recurrence
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, Including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions to Ask Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Emily S. Tonorezos, MD, MPH
Director, Office of Cancer Survivorship, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Michelle Mollica, PhD, MPH, RN, OCN
Deputy Director, Office of Cancer Survivorship, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute
Julie Babayeva, Esq.
Supervising Attorney, LegalHealth, Cancer Advocacy Project, New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
Program and Community Coordinator, Stupid Cancer
Hayley Feuchs, MSW
Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop