Events in New York
Avon Walk for Breast CancerNew York, NYVisit Event Website
Date & Time Saturday, October 18, 2014, 5:30 AM
Add to My Calendar
Location Hudson River Park’s Pier 84, 44th Street and West Side HighwayDescription
The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer is a national series of 39-mile weekend fundraising events launched in 2003 by the Avon Foundation for Women. The event held in New York City is an extraordinary walking tour of the entire Big Apple, going up and down the island of Manhattan, through the Upper West and East Sides, Greenwich Village, SoHo, and Chinatown. See Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and Radio City Music Hall, and take in stunning views of Manhattan as crossing the iconic Brooklyn Bridge.
Thanks to AVONCares, a partnership between CancerCare and the Avon Foundation for Women, financial assistance and other services have been made available to underserved women facing cancer in all 50 states. Over the past 14 years, AVONCares has provided more than $21.6 million to help these women cope with cancer.
Lung Cancer Walk for HopeWoodbury, NYVisit Event Website
Date & Time Sunday, November 2, 2014, 8:00 AM
Add to My Calendar
Location Town of Oyster Bay Golf Course, Woodbury, NYDescriptionContact
Join us for the 12th Annual Lung Cancer Walk for Hope and support the free, professional support services CancerCare provides to individuals and their families affected by lung cancer. Bring your friends, family and co-workers for a day of celebrating survivors, remembering loved ones and supporting people coping with lung cancer.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m., and the official start time is 9:30 a.m.
For more information, contact Deborah A. Sussman, senior manager of special events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Spring GalaNew York, NY
Date & Time Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 6:00 PM
Add to My Calendar
Location Cipriani 42nd Street, New York, NYDescriptionContact
The Annual Spring Gala is the premier social event at CancerCare for its trustees, donors and corporate partners. More than 500 people including community and business leaders, corporate partners, and celebrities are expected to attend. Last year’s attendees included Katie Couric, Chef David Burke, Mayor David Dinkins and Jessye Norman.
The Gala is an annual opportunity for CancerCare to honor individuals and organizations that have made substantial contributions to improving the lives of people affected by cancer through their partnerships with CancerCare. The Gala raises crucial funds for and increases awareness of the organization’s free, specialized programs for cancer patients and their loved ones, including counseling and support groups, educational workshops and publications, and financial and co-payment assistance.
For more information, contact Meaghan Foley, senior coordinator of special events, at email@example.com.
- Jul 28 Longest Day of Golf (West Redding, CT)
- May 29 CancerCare Classic Golf Tournament (Locust Valley, NY)
- May 4 2014 TD Five Boro Bike Tour (New York, NY)
- May 4 Walk/Run for Hope (Greenwich, CT)
- May 3 EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women 2014 (New York, NY)
- Apr 23 CancerCare 70th Anniversary Celebration Gala (New York, NY)
- Mar 6 26th Annual Festival of Hope Gala (Florham Park, NJ)
- Nov 3 Lung Cancer Walk for Hope (Woodbury, NY)
- Sep 29 Walk/Run for Hope (Paramus, NJ)
- Sep 15 Walk/Run for Hope (Fairfield, CT)
- Aug 12 Longest Day of Golf (Easton, CT)
- Jun 20 CancerCare Classic Golf Tournament (Locust Valley, NY)
- Jun 12 Annual Spring Gala (New York, NY)
- Jun 10 The Survivor Golf Tournament (Pleasanton, CA)
- May 19 Bay to Breakers (San Francisco, CA)
- May 15 Festival of Hope Gala (Florham Park, NJ)
- May 5 Walk/Run for Hope (Greenwich, CT)
- May 5 2013 TD Five Boro Bike Tour (New York, NY)
- May 4 EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women 2013 (New York, NY)
- Apr 24 Sweet Charity: Chocolate for a Cause (New York City, NY)
- Apr 14 Lung Cancer Walk for Hope (Woodbury, NY)
- Mar 17 ASICS LA Marathon (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mar 7 Girls’ Night Out (Norwalk, CT)
- Feb 5 Partnerships in Hope Awards Dinner (New York, NY) ( photos )