We've partnered with the Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) to provide reliable information, emotional support and helpful resources through a helpline. To speak with a professional oncology social worker, call 877‑MRF‑6460 (877‑673‑6460). Learn more about counseling.
Find resources and support to manage your financial concerns. Limited assistance from CancerCare® is available to eligible families for cancer-related costs.
Connect with others in our free support groups led by oncology social workers.
If you live in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut, learn about and view the full calendar of our free community programs.
Connect Education Workshops
Listen in by telephone or online as leading experts in oncology provide up-to-date information about cancer-related issues in one-hour workshops. Podcasts are also available.
- Highlights from the 2016 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting
- The Role of Immuno-Oncology in the Treatment of Melanoma
- Emerging Treatments for Metastatic Melanoma
- Highlights from the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting
- Managing the Side Effects of Immunotherapy
- Living with Cancer Throughout The Cancer Journey
- Understanding the Role of Immunotherapy in Treating Cancer
Read or order our free Connect booklets and fact sheets offering easy-to-read information about the latest cancer treatments, managing side effects and coping with cancer.
- Coping With MelanomaNew!
- Staying Safe in the SunNew!
- Treatment Update: Advanced Skin CancerNew!
- After a Skin Cancer Diagnosis: Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Melanoma: Causes and Prevention
- Risk Factors and Screening for Melanoma
- Your Guide to the Latest Cancer Research and Treatments: Highlights From the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Your Guide to the Latest Cancer Research and Treatments: Highlights From the 2016 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Caregiving for Your Loved One With CancerNew!
- Coping With Cancer: Tools to Help You Live
- Communicating With Your Health Care Team
- Helping Children When a Family Member Has Cancer
- Understanding and Managing Chemotherapy Side Effects
- If You've Just Been Diagnosed
- Caring Advice for Caregivers: How Can You Help Yourself?
- Finding Resources in Your Community
- Sources of Financial Assistance
- “What Can I Say to a Newly Diagnosed Loved One?”
Every month, featured experts answer your questions about coping with cancer. View all questions and answers.
- I have ocular melanoma and there is very little written about it. Do you have any websites or places you would recommend for more information?
- My husband has black moles on his face - could this be melanoma? How serious are they if they change?
- How do I find doctors who specialize in treating melanoma?
- What support groups are there for people with skin cancer? My brother was diagnosed two months ago and I think he could benefit from one.
- My husband was recently diagnosed with skin cancer. While we have insurance to cover many of the related costs, this will certainly deplete our finances further. What assistance is there for our situation?
- My 28-year-old daughter has melanoma and recently quit her job due to emotional stress associated with it and is living with us now. She is still in active treatment and has prescriptions and doctor bills, but has lost her insurance. Could you tell me what would be the best option for her?
Stories of Help and Hope
Read inspiring personal accounts from people affected by cancer and the ways they've found to cope.
- Jonah E., Diagnosed with melanoma
Browse all CancerCare services
AIM at Melanoma
Melanoma International Foundation
Melanoma Research Foundation
Ocular Melanoma Foundation
Richard David Kann Melanoma Foundation
The Skin Cancer Foundation