Helen H. Miller, LCSW-R
Chief Executive Officer
Helen H. Miller brings more than three decades of clinical and executive management experience to her role as CEO of CancerCare. A licensed clinical social worker in New York State, Ms. Miller has an extensive background directing cancer research prevention and wellness programs for major cancer centers, including the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and The New York Presbyterian Hospital. Her non-profit executive management experience includes five years as Executive Director of The Bachmann-Strauss Dystonia & Parkinson Foundation. Ms. Miller holds a Master of Science in Social Work from Columbia University. She is a member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers and the National Association of Social Workers, and serves on the board of the National Philanthropic Trust.
Chief Operating Officer
John Rutigliano directs all aspects of CancerCare’s financial and administrative functions including operational policies and procedures; budgeting, auditing and investments; information technology systems and databases; facilities management; and human resources both at CancerCare and the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation. Prior to joining CancerCare in 1999, he was Director of Finance and Administration for GMHC, a not-for-profit organization devoted to HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. A Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Rutigliano started his career at Deloitte.
Mr. Rutigliano holds a bachelor of science, cum laude, in accounting and international business from New York University.
Rosalie Canosa, LCSW-R
Program Division Director
Rosalie Canosa has devoted her career to helping patients and families cope with life-threatening illnesses in medical settings beginning with a focus on maternal and child health including labor and delivery, pediatrics, emergency room, neonatal intensive care and later with adults in an HIV/AIDS program. Prior to joining CancerCare, she served in a variety of administrative and supervisory roles at St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital Center, St. Mary’s Hospital for Children, The William F. Ryan Community Health Center and South Nassau Communities Hospital.
Ms. Canosa holds an MSW from New York University and a master’s degree in Public Administration from Baruch College.
Chief Development Officer
As Chief Development Officer, Jan McDavitt is responsible for developing and managing CancerCare’s overall philanthropic program. Prior to joining CancerCare, she held senior executive fundraising positions with several national non profit organizations, including Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and Girl Scouts of the USA. As the Vice President of Development for Liberty Science Center, she successfully led a $100 million expansion campaign that more than doubled the size of the museum. Jan began her career with the American Heart Association, where she managed a vast array of grass roots, volunteer-led fund raising efforts. Over the course of her career in advancement she has orchestrated large scale, strategic corporate partnerships, signature special event initiatives, membership and annual campaigns, as well as major and planned giving program development.
Division Director, Marketing and Communications
Lisa Morgan drives all strategy, planning and implementation of media and marketing programs designed to increase visibility of CancerCare and its mission. During her 25-year tenure in public relations, Ms. Morgan has developed successful campaigns for big-brand clients including Nabisco, Tropicana, and Rollerblade Inc. Her strategic efforts have consistently reached millions of consumers through high-profile broadcast, print, and trade media including The New York Times, Oprah, InStyle, Newsweek, Frontline, NewsHour, Today and Good Morning America. Ms. Morgan was co-founder of Landseer Associates, a boutique public relations firm. Prior to joining CancerCare, she served as chief communications officer of the Center to Advance Palliative Care.
Ms. Morgan holds a B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin and pursued graduate studies at New York University’s Institute of Fine Arts.
CancerCare Social Service Staff
- Emma Alexander, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Winfield Boerckel, LCSW-R Director of Social Service, Long Island Office
- Angelique Caba, LCSW Clinical Coordinator of Young Adult Services
- Maria Chi, LCSW Clinical Supervisor
- Erin Columbus, LCSW Program Director of Online Client Services
- Richard Dickens, LCSW-R Clinical Supervisor
- Melissa H. Dressel-Paschke, LCSW Online Group Moderator
- Anna L. Eckhardt, LMSW, OSW-C Oncology Social Worker
- Caroline Edlund, LCSW, OSW-C Social Work Coordinator - Online Support Group Services
- Elizabeth Ezra, LCSW, OSW-C Program Coordinator for Pancreatic Cancer
- Diana Forand-Pike, LCSW-R Online Group Moderator
- William Goeren, LCSW-R Director of Clinical Services
- Claire Grainger, LSW Oncology Social Worker
- Sarah Kelly, LCSW Oncology Social Worker
- Nicholas La Corte, LSW Oncology Social Worker
- Jane Levy, LCSW-R Director of Patient Assistance Programs
- Kelly Merklin, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Carly Mesavitz, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Glenn Meuche, LSW, MSW Senior Program Coordinator of Bereavement Services
- Kathleen Miller, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Allison Nilsen, LMSW Clinical Coordinator for Women's Cancers
- Kathleen Nugent, LCSW Director of Social Service, New Jersey Office
- Rachel Odo, LCSW-R Online Group Moderator
- Sonia Pacheco, LSW Program Coordinator for Hispanic Outreach, New Jersey
- Vilmarie Rodriguez, LCSW Helpline Director
- Essie Roman, LMSW New York City Resources Coordinator
- Shirley Saban, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Rochelle Sax, LCSW-R Director of Special Outreach
- Sandra Tripodi, LCSW Regional Director, Connecticut Office
- Eileen Webel, LCSW Clinical Supervisor
- Sara Wicks, LCSW Online Group Moderator
Principal Education Staff
- Carolyn Messner, DSW, MSW Director of Education and Training
Principal Development Staff
- Emily Bratten Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Deborah Eger Walsh National Director of Special Events
- Mary F. Fuchs Director of Annual Giving
Senior Director of Development
Campaigns, Special Projects and Grants
- Cristina Ryan Raggio Director of Major Gifts
Principal Finance and Administration Staff
- Thomas Ciccotelli Controller
- Ann Navarria, PHR Director of Human Resources
- Hector Perez Director of Information Technology
- Francis Scretchings Facilities Manager
CancerCare’s Board of Trustees contributes knowledge, resources and expertise to the organization.
Susan Smirnoff is the Global Strategic Head of Health & Wellness at the public relations firm, Ruder Finn, Inc. She began her career at the firm in 1979. A longtime and tireless CancerCare supporter, Susan has served on CancerCare’s Board of Trustees since 2004 and was elected Board President in June 2010.
Margaret R. Diaz-Cruz, LMSW
Vice President Director, Stipendiary Program, Isaac H. Tuttle Fund
Edward C. Lauber
Vice President Chairman, Wines Unlimited
Andrew C. Pizzo
Vice President Owner & President, Collection XIIX, Ltd.
Maggy M. Siegel
Timothy M. Dwyer
Treasurer President & CEO, Entitle Direct Group, Inc.
David J. Keisman
Assistant Treasurer Senior Vice President of the Corporate Finance Group, Moody's Investors Service
Michael D. Widlitz, MD
Secretary Principal, Michael D Widlitz MD, LLC
- Janet Dewart Bell Director of Communications, The Opportunity Agenda
- Audrey A. Boughton
- Jan Myers Cook Attorney, Law Office of Jan Myers Cook
- H. Frank Doroff Executive VP/GMM, Bloomingdale's
- Deborah Dunsire, MD President & CEO, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- John N. Evans, CPA Partner, Marks Paneth & Shron LLP
- Paul M. Friedman Chief Operating Officer, Guggenheim Securities LLC
- Louis A. Guzzetti, Jr. Chairman and CEO, Spinnaker Coating, LLC
- Kris Johnson Executive Assistant, Mary Kay, Inc.
- Carol Lin Media Specialist and Adjunct Professor, USC Annenberg School of Journalism and Communication
- Theresa Natalicchio Senior Vice President, PTC Therapeutics
- Albert G. Nickel Former Chairman, LLNS
- John A. Orwin Chief Executive Officer, Affymax, Inc.
- Marsha J. Palanci President, Cornerstone Communications, LTD.
- Michael Parisi Managing Partner, Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide
- William C. Pelster Retired Attorney
- Dorothy Schachne
- Michael W. Schechter Partner, Mentor Partners
- Miranda Schiller Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Cornelia B. Spring Managing Director and Banker, JPMorgan Private Banking
- Milton G. Strom Attorney, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- James B. Swire Retired Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Pamela Suthern Wygod Co-Chair, WebMD Foundation