Patricia J. Goldsmith
Chief Executive Officer
Patricia J. Goldsmith joined CancerCare in 2014 as Chief Executive Officer, overseeing the vision and direction of the organization. Ms. Goldsmith brings more than 20 years of nonprofit management and strategic planning experience to the role, and has a proven track record of success in hospital and physician academic organizations, as well as nongovernmental health care organizations. She previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Prior to joining NCCN, Ms. Goldsmith was Vice President for Institutional Development, Public Affairs and Marketing at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, the only Florida-based National Cancer Institute-Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Ms. Goldsmith has studied at the Pennsylvania State University, the University of Missouri Bloch School of Business and the Harvard School of Public Health.
Chief Development Officer
Jan McDavitt is responsible for developing and managing CancerCare’s overall philanthropic program. Prior to joining CancerCare, she held senior executive fundraising positions with several national non profit organizations, including Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and Girl Scouts of the USA. As the Vice President of Development for Liberty Science Center, she successfully led a $100 million expansion campaign that more than doubled the size of the museum. Jan began her career with the American Heart Association, where she managed a vast array of grass roots, volunteer-led fund raising efforts. Over the course of her career in advancement she has orchestrated large scale, strategic corporate partnerships, signature special event initiatives, membership and annual campaigns, as well as major and planned giving program development.
Ellen Miller Sonet, MBA, JD
Chief Strategy and Alliance Officer
Ellen Miller Sonet leads CancerCare’s strategic branding, alliance development and national policy agenda. Before joining CancerCare, she served for nearly 17 years as Vice President of Marketing at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. While there, Ms. Sonet was an avid patient advocate who was devoted to understanding the complex nature of health care decision-making and the needs of people affected by cancer. Her work showed an unfaltering focus on clear and relevant communication that facilitated making informed health care choices and supported patients and families through their cancer experiences. Prior to her tenure at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Ms. Sonet worked in pharmaceutical marketing. She started her formal marketing career at J. Walter Thompson Advertising.
Ms. Sonet has a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Brown University, and an MBA and J.D. from Boston University.
Chief Operating Officer
John Rutigliano directs all aspects of CancerCare’s financial and administrative functions including operational policies and procedures; budgeting, auditing and investments; information technology systems and databases; facilities management; and human resources both at CancerCare and the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation. Prior to joining CancerCare in 1999, he was Director of Finance and Administration for GMHC, a not-for-profit organization devoted to HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. A Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Rutigliano started his career at Deloitte.
Mr. Rutigliano holds a bachelor of science, cum laude, in accounting and international business from New York University.
Brian Tomlinson, MPA, BSW
Chief Program and Communications Officer
Brian Tomlinson leads CancerCare’s support services, education and patient assistance programs, as well as public affairs, brand management and communications. Mr. Tomlinson, who began his career as a social worker, is a highly respected national advocate for cancer patients and their families. During his decade-long tenure at the Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF), Mr. Tomlinson was responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of the foundation’s patient education, patient services and professional education programs.
Mr. Tomlinson holds a masters degree in nonprofit management and public administration from Baruch College School of Public Affairs and a Bachelor of Science in social work from Long Island University.
CancerCare Social Service Staff
- Emma Alexander, MSW, LMSW Online Group Moderator
- Winfield Boerckel, MSW, MBA, LCSW-R Director of Social Service, Long Island Office
- Angelique Caba, MSW, LCSW Clinical Coordinator of Young Adult Services
- Maria Chi, MSW, LCSW Clinical Supervisor
- Erin Columbus, MSW, LCSW Program Director of Online Client Services
- Kathleen DelMar Miller, MSW, LCSW Oncology Social Worker
- Richard Dickens, MS, LCSW-R Clinical Supervisor
- Anna L. Eckhardt, MSW, OSW-C, CCLS, CIMI, LCSW Coordinator of Online Services
- Caroline Edlund, MSW, OSW-C, LCSW Social Work Coordinator - Online Support Group Services
- Elizabeth Ezra, MSW, OSW-C, LCSW Program Coordinator for Pancreatic Cancer
- Diana Forand-Pike, MSW, LCSW-R Online Group Moderator
- William Goeren, MSW, LCSW-R Director of Clinical Services
- Shirley Goldman, MSW, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Claire Grainger, MSW, LCSW Coordinator of Children’s Services
- Sarah Kelly, MSW, LCSW Coordinator of Older Adult Services
- Kelly Merklin, MSW, LMSW Online Group Moderator
- Carly Mesavitz, MSW, OSW-C, LCSW Coordinator of Caregiver Services
- Glenn Meuche, MSW, LSW Coordinator of Bereavement Services
- Ahuva Morris, MSW, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Allison Nilsen, MSW, LMSW Clinical Coordinator for Women's Cancers
- Kathleen Nugent, MSW, LCSW Director of Social Service, New Jersey Office
- Rachel Odo, MSW, LCSW-R Online Group Moderator
- Sonia Pacheco, MSW, LSW Program Coordinator for Hispanic Outreach, New Jersey
- Victoria Puzo, MSW, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Vilmarie Rodriguez, MSW, LCSW Helpline Director
- Essie Roman, MSW, LMSW New York City Resources Coordinator
- Sandra Tripodi, MSW, LCSW Regional Director, Connecticut Office
- Eileen Webel, MSW, LCSW Clinical Supervisor
Principal Education Staff
- Carolyn Messner, DSW, MSW, OSW-C, LCSW-R Director of Education and Training
Principal Development Staff
- Emily Bratten Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Sue Lee Senior Director of Development and Strategic External Relations
- Jhara Navalo Director of Integrated Fundraising and Donor Development
- Cristina Ryan Raggio Director of Major Gifts
Principal Finance and Administration Staff
- Thomas Ciccotelli Controller
- Ann Navarria, PHR Director of Human Resources
- Hector Perez Director of Information Technology
- Francis Scretchings Facilities Manager
CancerCare’s Board of Trustees contributes knowledge, resources and expertise to the organization.
Mr. Parisi is Managing Partner of Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide, the health care division of Ogilvy and Mather. For more than two decades, he has been at the forefront of the global health care marketing arena with an intense focus on oncology.
Andrew C. Pizzo
Senior Vice President Owner & President, Collection XIIX, Ltd.
Margaret R. Diaz-Cruz, LMSW
Vice President Director, Stipendiary Program, Isaac H. Tuttle Fund
Edward C. Lauber
Vice President Chairman, Wines Unlimited
Maggy M. Siegel
Vice President Executive Director, Asphalt Green
Jan Myers Cook
Secretary Attorney, Law Office of Jan Myers Cook
David J. Keisman
Treasurer Senior Vice President of the Corporate Finance Group, Moody's Investors Service
Michael W. Schechter
Assistant Treasurer Partner, Mentor Partners
- Janet Dewart Bell Director of Communications, The Opportunity Agenda
- Audrey A. Boughton
- Christine Converse Hogan Managing Director, Chief Information Officer, Fortress Investment Group
- H. Frank Doroff Executive VP/GMM, Bloomingdale's
- Timothy M. Dwyer President & CEO, Entitle Direct Group, Inc.
- John N. Evans, CPA Partner, Marks Paneth & Shron LLP
- Paul M. Friedman Chief Operating Officer, Guggenheim Securities LLC
- Louis A. Guzzetti, Jr. Chairman and CEO, Spinnaker Coating, LLC
- Kris Johnson Executive Assistant, Mary Kay, Inc.
- Theresa Natalicchio
- Albert G. Nickel Former Chairman, LLNS
- Marsha J. Palanci President, Cornerstone Communications, LTD.
- William C. Pelster Retired Attorney
- Dorothy Schachne
- Miranda Schiller Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Susan Smirnoff Executive Vice President, Senior Counselor, Weber Shandwick
- Cornelia B. Spring Managing Director and Banker, JPMorgan Private Banking
- Walter M. Steppacher IV Managing Director, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Milton G. Strom Attorney, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- James B. Swire Retired Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Pamela Suthern Wygod Co-Chair, WebMD Foundation