Chief Operating Officer
John Rutigliano directs all aspects of CancerCare’s financial and administrative functions including operational policies and procedures; budgeting, auditing and investments; information technology systems and databases; facilities management; and human resources both at CancerCare and the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation. Prior to joining CancerCare in 1999, he was Director of Finance and Administration for GMHC, a not-for-profit organization devoted to HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. A Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Rutigliano started his career at Deloitte.
Mr. Rutigliano holds a bachelor of science, cum laude, in accounting and international business from New York University.
Chief Development Officer
As Chief Development Officer, Jan McDavitt is responsible for developing and managing CancerCare’s overall philanthropic program. Prior to joining CancerCare, she held senior executive fundraising positions with several national non profit organizations, including Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and Girl Scouts of the USA. As the Vice President of Development for Liberty Science Center, she successfully led a $100 million expansion campaign that more than doubled the size of the museum. Jan began her career with the American Heart Association, where she managed a vast array of grass roots, volunteer-led fund raising efforts. Over the course of her career in advancement she has orchestrated large scale, strategic corporate partnerships, signature special event initiatives, membership and annual campaigns, as well as major and planned giving program development.
Brian Tomlinson, MPA, BSW
Chief Program and Communications Officer
Brian Tomlinson leads CancerCare’s portfolio of support services, educational programs and patient assistance programs, as well as public affairs, brand management and communications. Mr. Tomlinson, who began his career as a social worker, is a highly respected national advocate for cancer patients and their families. During his decade-long tenure at the Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF), Mr. Tomlinson was responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of the foundation’s patient education, patient services and professional education programs.
Mr. Tomlinson holds a masters degree in nonprofit management and public administration from Baruch College School of Public Affairs and a Bachelor of Science in social work from Long Island University.
CancerCare Social Service Staff
- Emma Alexander, MSW, LMSW Online Group Moderator
- Winfield Boerckel, MSW, MBA, LCSW-R Director of Social Service, Long Island Office
- Angelique Caba, MSW, LCSW Clinical Coordinator of Young Adult Services
- Maria Chi, MSW, LCSW Clinical Supervisor
- Erin Columbus, MSW, LCSW Program Director of Online Client Services
- Richard Dickens, MS, LCSW-R Clinical Supervisor
- Anna L. Eckhardt, MSW, OSW-C, CCLS, CIMI, LCSW Coordinator of Online Services
- Caroline Edlund, MSW, OSW-C, LCSW Social Work Coordinator - Online Support Group Services
- Elizabeth Ezra, MSW, OSW-C, LCSW Program Coordinator for Pancreatic Cancer
- Diana Forand-Pike, LCSW-R Online Group Moderator
- William Goeren, MSW, LCSW-R Director of Clinical Services
- Shirley Goldman, MSW, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Claire Grainger, MSW, LCSW Coordinator of Children’s Services
- Sarah Kelly, MSW, LCSW Coordinator of Older Adult Services
- Jane Levy, MSW, LCSW-R Director of Patient Assistance Programs
- Kelly Merklin, MSW, LMSW Online Group Moderator
- Carly Mesavitz, MSW, OSW-C, LCSW Coordinator of Caregiver Services
- Glenn Meuche, MSW, LSW Coordinator of Bereavement Services
- Kathleen Miller, MSW, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Ahuva Morris, MSW, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Allison Nilsen, MSW, LMSW Clinical Coordinator for Women's Cancers
- Kathleen Nugent, MSW, LCSW Director of Social Service, New Jersey Office
- Rachel Odo, LCSW-R Online Group Moderator
- Sonia Pacheco, MSW, LSW Program Coordinator for Hispanic Outreach, New Jersey
- Victoria Puzo, MSW, LMSW Oncology Social Worker
- Vilmarie Rodriguez, MSW, LCSW Helpline Director
- Essie Roman, MSW, LMSW New York City Resources Coordinator
- Sandra Tripodi, MSW, LCSW Regional Director, Connecticut Office
- Eileen Webel, MSW, LCSW Clinical Supervisor
- Sara Wicks, LCSW Online Group Moderator
Principal Education Staff
- Carolyn Messner, DSW, MSW, LCSW-R Director of Education and Training
Principal Development Staff
- Emily Bratten Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Senior Director of Development
Campaigns, Special Projects and Grants
- Jhara Navalo Director of Integrated Fundraising and Donor Development
- Nancy Romano Director of Partnerships and Cause Marketing
- Cristina Ryan Raggio Director of Major Gifts
Principal Finance and Administration Staff
- Thomas Ciccotelli Controller
- Ann Navarria, PHR Director of Human Resources
- Hector Perez Director of Information Technology
- Francis Scretchings Facilities Manager
CancerCare’s Board of Trustees contributes knowledge, resources and expertise to the organization.
Susan Smirnoff is the Executive Vice President/Senior Counselor at the public relations firm, Weber Shandwick. A longtime and tireless CancerCare supporter, Susan has served on CancerCare’s Board of Trustees since 2004 and was elected Board President in June 2010.
Margaret R. Diaz-Cruz, LMSW
Vice President Director, Stipendiary Program, Isaac H. Tuttle Fund
Edward C. Lauber
Vice President Chairman, Wines Unlimited
Andrew C. Pizzo
Vice President Owner & President, Collection XIIX, Ltd.
Maggy M. Siegel
Timothy M. Dwyer
Treasurer President & CEO, Entitle Direct Group, Inc.
David J. Keisman
Assistant Treasurer Senior Vice President of the Corporate Finance Group, Moody's Investors Service
- Janet Dewart Bell Director of Communications, The Opportunity Agenda
- Audrey A. Boughton
- Christine Converse Hogan Managing Director, Chief Information Officer, Fortress Investment Group
- Jan Myers Cook Attorney, Law Office of Jan Myers Cook
- H. Frank Doroff Executive VP/GMM, Bloomingdale's
- John N. Evans, CPA Partner, Marks Paneth & Shron LLP
- Paul M. Friedman Chief Operating Officer, Guggenheim Securities LLC
- Louis A. Guzzetti, Jr. Chairman and CEO, Spinnaker Coating, LLC
- Kris Johnson Executive Assistant, Mary Kay, Inc.
- Carol Lin Media Specialist and Adjunct Professor, USC Annenberg School of Journalism and Communication
- Theresa Natalicchio
- Albert G. Nickel Former Chairman, LLNS
- Marsha J. Palanci President, Cornerstone Communications, LTD.
- Michael Parisi Managing Partner, Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide
- William C. Pelster Retired Attorney
- Dorothy Schachne
- Michael W. Schechter Partner, Mentor Partners
- Miranda Schiller Partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Cornelia B. Spring Managing Director and Banker, JPMorgan Private Banking
- Walter M. Steppacher IV Managing Director, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Milton G. Strom Attorney, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- James B. Swire Retired Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Pamela Suthern Wygod Co-Chair, WebMD Foundation