Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, June 29, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview and Definition of Generic Drugs
- The Difference Between Generic Drugs and Brand Name Drugs
- Are Generic Drugs as Effective as Brand-Name Drugs in Cancer Treatment?
- Managing the Costs of Treatment with Generic Drugs
- How are Generic Drugs Approved?
- The Difference Between Generic Drugs and Biosimilars
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- The Benefits of Generic Drugs
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Generic Drugs in the Treatment of Cancer
- Current and Future Perspectives
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Richard J. Gralla, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center
Leonard Saltz, MD
Chief Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Head, Colorectal Oncology Section, Chair, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Jeffrey A. Betcher, RPh, BCOP
Manager, Cancer Center Pharmacy, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Stacy Lewis, MSW, ACHP-SW
Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been submitted for 1.0 Contact Hour to social workers by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607. This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
For New York State Licensed Social Workers: Cancer Care Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour for the live program only.
To receive the continuing education paperwork, please email email@example.com with your name, title and address. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(78.6 KB)