Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Ovarian Cancer
- Therapy Options for Recurrent & Advanced Ovarian Cancer
- New Treatment Approaches & Follow-Up Care
- The Role of Personalized Medicine in Informing Treatment Decisions
- How BRCA Testing May Impact Your Care
- The Role of the Pathologist: The Importance of Diagnostic Testing in Advanced Ovarian Cancer
- Clinical Trial Updates
- Controlling Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Talking with Your Treatment Team about Your Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Carolyn D. Runowicz, MD
Executive Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Sarah E. Kerr, MD
Consultant, Divisions of Anatomic Pathology and Laboratory Genetics, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic
Sarah Ewing, MS, CGC
Certified Genetic Counselor, Department of Clinical Genomics, Mayo Clinic
Sarah Kelly, MSW
Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been submitted for 1.0 Contact Hour to social workers by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607. This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
For New York State Licensed Social Workers: Cancer Care Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour for the live program only.
To receive the continuing education paperwork, please email email@example.com with your name, title and address. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(79.3 KB)