Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview and Definition of Biosimilars
- The Difference Between Biosimilars and Generic Drugs
- How Biosimilars Work and Their Use
- Examples of Biosimilars
- Implications in Managing the Costs of Cancer Treatment
- Clinical Trials: How Biosimilar Research Contributes to Treatment Options
- The Benefits of Biosimilars
- Current Use in the Care of People Living with Cancer
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team About Biosimilars
- Current and Future Perspectives
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Richard J. Gralla, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center
Jeffrey Crawford, MD
George Barth Geller Professor for Research in Cancer, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Co-Director, Solid Tumor Therapeutics Program, Duke Cancer Institute
Lisa A. Thompson, PharmD, BCOP
Pharmacy Program Coordinator, PGY2 Oncology Residency Program Director, Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center
Caroline Edlund, MSW
Online Support Group Program Director, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been submitted for 1.0 Contact Hour to social workers by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607. This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
For New York State Licensed Social Workers: Cancer Care Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour for the live program only.
To receive the continuing education paperwork, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title and address. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(80.3 KB)