- Overview of Cancer Treatments
- Costs of Cancer: Direct Medical Costs, Related Non-Medical Costs, Daily Living Expenses
- Discussion of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Its Key Provisions and Major Benefits
- Health Insurance Exchanges
- Medicaid Expansion
- The Appeals Process
- The Importance of Talking with Your Health Care Team about the Affordable Care Act
- What Are Patient Assistance Programs? How Do They Help?
- Linking You to Needed Cancer Organizations, Resources and Information
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
- Michael J. Mauro, MD
- Leader, Myeloproliferative Diseases Program, Member, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College/New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Debra J. Wolf, Esq.
- Senior Attorney, LegalHealth, New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
- Alice Yaker, JD
- Director of Community Outreach, NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace, New York State Department of Health
- Guadalupe R. Palos, RN, MSW, DrPH
- Clinical Research Manager, Division of Medical Affairs, Department of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Jane Levy, MSW
- Director of Patient Assistance Programs, CancerCare
You can download the brochure for this workshop (75.6 KB)
This workshop was originally recorded on October 30, 2013.