CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people in New York who have experienced the loss of a loved one due to cancer in the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle, which begins in winter of 2024. This support group will meet on Tuesdays, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Lucia Fanjul, MSW, LMSW, at 212-712-6175 or email@example.com.