CancerCare of Port Washington holds numerous fundraising events, including variety shows, New Year's Eve celebrations, Zumba-thons, bingo nights, Halloween parties, concerts and more.
These events are made possible by the generous volunteers who dedicate their time and efforts to hold engaging community events that benefit CancerCare. These events also help raise awareness of how CancerCare can help anyone affected by cancer.
Long Island Office Open House
CancerCare recently held an open house to celebrate the reopening of its Long Island office. View photos from our event below.
Red Stocking Revue
The Red Stocking Revue has been a beloved production in the Port Washington community for over 45 years.
Many hours and tons of effort are put into each show by our cast & crew of volunteers. Each year they donate their valuable time to ensure CancerCare’s continued success.
Always funny and entertaining, we hope that you become an audience or cast member and feel the positive effects of giving.
We are always looking for local talent to participate. If you sing, dance or act, this event is for you! If you don’t sing or dance, volunteers are still welcome. Email email@example.com to inquire about any upcoming volunteer opportunities in the Port Washington/Manhasset area.
Guidelines to perform in the show:
- HAVE FUN! This is an essential component of your involvement with our Red Stocking Revue.
- You must be a member of CancerCare (ages 16 and up). You can sign up at "Meet The Director."
- You must appear in all performances.
- Adults and children will not be permitted to join the cast after the first week of rehearsal.
- All children must be at least 5 years old. No exceptions!
- All singers and dancers must audition at “Meet the Director."
Check our Red Stocking Revue Facebook page for the latest news about auditions and the dates of the next Red Stocking Revue shows.
The Port Washington Chapter has been fundraising for CancerCare’s national programs for over 45 years. Fundraising events include the Red Stocking Revue, which has long been a beloved production in the Port Washington community.
CancerCare is incredibly grateful to all those who dedicate their time to support the free services we provide to anyone affected by cancer.
Board of Directors 2021-2023
President: Tim Lavelle
Program Vice President: Renée Gennarelli
Treasurer: Beth Useloff
Membership VPs: Jennifer Scotto-Robinson and Barbara Faticone
Fundraising VP: Tina Revelant
Recording Secretary: OPEN POSITION
Dues Secretary: Rita DeLucia
Corresponding Secretary: Joanne Rowland
Social Secretary: Maria Augustino
Social Services: Lisa Idol
Technology: Chris Paradise
Communications: Patty Atkins
Marketing: Andrea Galvez
Historian: Karen DeLillo
Nominating Committee: Rich Atkins, Paul Revelant, Kat Carroll, Geri DeJohn and Sue Bishop Copeland
CancerCare of Port Washington's main goal is to help support the free, professional services CancerCare provides.
In CancerCare's fiscal year ending June 30, 2021:
- CancerCare provided 186,614 services to people affected by cancer, serving clients with 102 different types of cancer in all 50 states.
- Our oncology social workers answered 49,092 calls to our Hopeline.
- Our staff provided 45,063 hours of emotional and practical support through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support groups, community programs and more.
- CancerCare provided $76.4 million in financial and co-payment assistance to 30,944 people for costs including transportation, practical needs and to pay for cancer medications.
- We distributed 807,344 print and digital publications to people living with cancer, caregivers, loved ones and health care professionals.
- Leading experts in oncology led 74 CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops, from 136 faculty members and 98 partner organizations, drawing 49,166 participants.
- The Pet Assistance & Wellness (PAW) Program helped 466 clients keep their pet in the home.
Connect With Support Services
If you or a loved one is coping with cancer, our master's-prepared oncology social workers at CancerCare's Long Island office provide free, professional support services including:
You may view specific services available at our Long Island office and also our national services.
You may also search for additional resources using our online Helping Hand Resource Database.
Search for Resources