CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for women over 40, who have been diagnosed with cancer and who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment) or who have received treatment in the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins in October 2019.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Lauren Chatalian, LMSW at 212-712-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.