CancerCare is offering a free, 12 week face-to-face support group for single fathers in New York who have experienced the loss of a loved one due to cancer and are caring for one or more children under age eighteen. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss while parenting.
- Provide cancer-focused support, specific to single fathers
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping and parenting from the experiences of others
- Help you improve communication with your children and others in your life
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins October 2020.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or or A.J. Cincotta-Eichenfield, LMSW at 212-712-8071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.