CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people in New York who have experienced the loss of a loved one due to cancer in the last 18 months and are caring for one or more children under age 18. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss.
- Provide cancer-focused support, specific to single fathers
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping and parenting from the experiences of others
- Help you improve communication with your children and others in your life
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle, which begins October 29, 2020. This support group meets on Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact A.J. Cincotta-Eichenfield, LMSW, at 212-712-8071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.