- Definition of Graft vs. Host Disease (GVHD) Post Allogeneic Stem Cell or Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Understanding How GVHD Develops, including Finding GVHD Early
- Common Signs & Symptoms of GVHD
- Types of GVHD: Chronic & Acute
- Current Standard of Care for Managing GVHD
- New & Promising Treatment Approaches for GVHD
- Clinical Trials: How Research Increases Treatment Options
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about GVHD
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Markus Y. Mapara, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Director, Adult Blood and Marrow Transplantation (BMT) Program, Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Zachariah DeFilipp, MD
Assistant in Medicine, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(83 KB)