Workshop Date and Time
Monday, May 20, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Advanced Skin Cancers, including Advanced Basal Cell Cancers & Advanced Squamous Cell Cancers
- Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- The Emerging Role of Targeted Therapy
- Clinical Trial Updates
- Managing Treatment Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- Tips for Caring for Your Skin During Cancer Treatments
- Guidelines for Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD FRCPC
Professor of Medicine, Advanced Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(78.1 KB)