CancerCare seeks a candidate to work closely with the Senior Director and a team of grants professionals to identify funding opportunities for CancerCare’s key programs and expand current the portfolio of new corporate/foundation donors.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop, write, and edit grant proposals
- Maintain contacts with potential funders and work with key staff to secure funding.
- Oversee the development, coordination and updates of crucial status reports, including weekly, monthly, and annual reports and statistics.
- Manage tracking of all proposal and reporting deadline
- Track fundraising progress in every program area.
- Work with key program/senior staff to monitor funding progress and ensure that funding benchmarks are met.
- Work with Senior Director of Development to identify funding opportunities for CancerCare’s key programs and expand current portfolio of new corporate/foundation donors.
- Review grant contracts, guidelines, award letters, and letters of agreement to ensure compliance.
- Reconcile contributions from all corporate/foundation donors with the finance department on a regular basis.
- Develop accurate budgets and financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in the not-for-profit sector. Supervisory experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills, as well as strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Excellent benefits and vacation. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sue Lee, Senior Director of Development and External Advancement; firstname.lastname@example.org; or, Cancer Care, Inc., 275 Seventh Ave., New York, NY 10001.
CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer.« Back to Careers Listing