Allison Nilsen, MSW, LCSW
Online Group Moderator
Allison Nilsen was formerly CancerCare’s Women’s Cancers Program, and provided counseling to people coping with cancer and people who have experienced the loss of a loved one. She is currently an online support group moderator.
She is a member of the Association of Oncology Social Work (AOSW) and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
- Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI)
- Certified Introductory Fit Specialist
Presentations and publications:
- “Know Before You Go: The Top Five Tips for an AOSW Conference First-Timer,” AOSW News Blog
- “Feeling Whole Again: The Role of Social Work Intervention During a Wig and Breast Prosthesis Fitting,” poster presentation at the Association of Social Work (AOSW) Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD
Awards and boards:
- Recipient of the 8th Annual Emerging Social Work Leader Award from the National Association of Social Workers, New York City Chapter
- Member of the Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance
Allison shares, “I am continuously amazed by the resiliency of the human spirit. I work collaboratively with my clients to help them feel empowered, find meaning in their cancer experiences, and move towards physical and emotional healing.”