Events in New York
2015 CancerCare GalaNew York, NYVisit Event Website
Date & Time Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 6:00 PM
Add to My Calendar
Location Cipriani 42nd Street, New York, NYDescriptionContact
The CancerCare Gala is the premier social event at CancerCare for its trustees, donors and corporate partners. More than 500 people including community and business leaders, corporate partners, and celebrities are expected to attend. Last year’s attendees included Katie Couric, Chef David Burke, Mayor David Dinkins and Jessye Norman.
The Gala is an annual opportunity for CancerCare to honor individuals and organizations that have made substantial contributions to improving the lives of people affected by cancer through their partnerships with CancerCare. The Gala raises crucial funds for and increases awareness of the organization’s free, specialized programs for cancer patients and their loved ones, including counseling and support groups, educational workshops and publications, and financial and co-payment assistance.
For more information, contact Meaghan Foley, manager of special events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TD Five Boro Bike TourNew York, NYVisit Event Website
Date & Time Sunday, May 3, 2015
Add to My Calendar
Location Battery Park, New York, NYDescriptionContact
CancerCare is a participating charity in the 2015 TD Five Boro Bike Tour. This event is a 40-mile ride for 30,000 cyclists car-free across New York City. We have 20 charity slots for participants committed to raising a minimum of $1,000 for CancerCare’s free, professional support services for anyone affected by cancer. Signing up through CancerCare reserves a spot for you near the starting line. The event sells out quickly so secure your spot today!
The bike tour starts in Lower Manhattan. The ride heads north through the heart of Manhattan to Central Park and continues on to historic Harlem and the Bronx, returning south along the East River on the FDR Drive. From there it crosses into Queens and then Brooklyn, where cyclists take over the highway before making the thrilling climb up—and down—the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge to Staten Island. The route is 42 miles, mostly flat except for the bridges.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Nov 2 Lung Cancer Walk for Hope (Woodbury, NY)
- Oct 18 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer (New York, NY)
- Sep 28 Walk/Run for Hope (Paramus, NJ)
- Sep 14 Walk/Run for Hope (Fairfield, CT)
- Jul 28 Longest Day of Golf (West Redding, CT)
- May 29 CancerCare Classic Golf Tournament (Locust Valley, NY)
- May 4 2014 TD Five Boro Bike Tour (New York, NY)
- May 4 Walk/Run for Hope (Greenwich, CT)
- May 3 EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women 2014 (New York, NY)
- Apr 23 CancerCare 70th Anniversary Celebration Gala (New York, NY)
- Mar 6 26th Annual Festival of Hope Gala (Florham Park, NJ)
- Nov 3 Lung Cancer Walk for Hope (Woodbury, NY)
- Sep 29 Walk/Run for Hope (Paramus, NJ)
- Sep 15 Walk/Run for Hope (Fairfield, CT)
- Aug 12 Longest Day of Golf (Easton, CT)
- Jun 20 CancerCare Classic Golf Tournament (Locust Valley, NY)
- Jun 12 Annual Spring Gala (New York, NY)
- Jun 10 The Survivor Golf Tournament (Pleasanton, CA)
- May 19 Bay to Breakers (San Francisco, CA)
- May 15 Festival of Hope Gala (Florham Park, NJ)
- May 5 Walk/Run for Hope (Greenwich, CT)
- May 5 2013 TD Five Boro Bike Tour (New York, NY)
- May 4 EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women 2013 (New York, NY)
- Apr 24 Sweet Charity: Chocolate for a Cause (New York City, NY)
- Apr 14 Lung Cancer Walk for Hope (Woodbury, NY)
- Mar 17 ASICS LA Marathon (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mar 7 Girls’ Night Out (Norwalk, CT)
- Feb 5 Partnerships in Hope Awards Dinner (New York, NY) ( photos )