Find resources and support to manage your financial concerns. Limited assistance from CancerCare® is available to eligible families for cancer-related costs.
Connect with others in our free support groups led by oncology social workers.
We currently do not offer a rare cancers specific group. You may consider joining our general online support groups for people with cancer. Register now.
If you live in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut, learn about and view the full calendar of our free community programs.
Connect Education Workshops
Listen in by telephone or online as leading experts in oncology provide up-to-date information about cancer-related issues in one-hour workshops. Podcasts are also available.
We currently do not offer a Rare Cancers specific workshop. You may be interested in these general-interest workshops:
- Taking Your Pills on Schedule – Why It Is So Important in Managing Cancer, Feb 10, 2016
- Managing Eye and Vision Changes Related to Cancer Treatments, Apr 4, 2016
- View all general upcoming workshops...
Read or order our free Connect booklets and fact sheets offering easy-to-read information about the latest cancer treatments, managing side effects and coping with cancer.
We currently do not offer any Rare Cancers specific publications. You may be interested in these general-interest publications:
- Caregiving for Your Loved One With Cancer
- Coping With Cancer: Tools to Help You Live
- Communicating With Your Health Care Team
- Helping Children When a Family Member Has Cancer
- Understanding and Managing Chemotherapy Side Effects
- New! If You've Just Been Diagnosed
- Caring Advice for Caregivers: How Can You Help Yourself?
- Finding Resources in Your Community
- Sources of Financial Assistance
- “What Can I Say to a Newly Diagnosed Loved One?”
Every month, featured experts answer your questions about coping with cancer. View all questions and answers.
- My brother was diagnosed with salivary gland cancer and it's supposedly rare. How can I find other patients or organizations that can help support him?
- I was just diagnosed with a very rare type of cancer. My oncologist has admitted that he has not treated this type of cancer before, and I feel uncomfortable having him guide my treatment planning. Where can I get additional information about my cancer and typical treatment approaches?
- I have a very rare cancer, and it is called well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumor (carcinoid). I have been told there is not a cure for this type of cancer, but I am hoping to find a support group (or people to chat or do activities with). Can you help me?
Browse all CancerCare services
For Rare Cancers
National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)