Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Glioblastoma, including Current Standard of Care
- Novel Treatment Approaches
- The Role of Immunotherapy
- Electric Field Treatments
- The Importance of Clinical Trials
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- Managing Symptoms and Treatment Side Effects
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- The Role of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Jeffrey N. Bruce, MD
Edgar M. Housepian Professor of Neurological Surgery, Vice Chairman, Department of Neurosurgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Co-Director, Brain Tumor Center, Director, Bartoli Brain Tumor Research Laboratory
Eric T. Wong, MD, FANA
Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, Director of the Neuro-Oncology Unit, Co-Director, Brain Tumor Center, Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Andrew Chesler, MSW
Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been submitted for 1.0 Contact Hour to social workers by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607. This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
For New York State Licensed Social Workers: Cancer Care Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour for the live program only.
To receive the continuing education paperwork, please email email@example.com with your name, title and address. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(79.5 KB)